My Account
Discounted flat rate shipping across Canada/US. FREE shipping over $70
Search

Candle Care (IMPORTANT)

Its very important to take care of your candle. If not taken care properly if could result in the vessel getting damage

ALWAYS FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!!!! - The most important thing to remember is that candles involve a flame! They NEED to be treated with caution!! Always read and follow safety instructions carefully!!! DO not burn a candle longer then the manufacturing recommends.

THE FIRST BURN - The first time you burn your candle burn it for 2-4 hours. Burn the candle until wax melts across the entire surface of the vessel as this will prevent tunnelling, and create an even burn for the duration of the candle's life.

TRIM YOUR WICK - We cannot stress the importance of trimming the wick of your candle EVERY time you light your candle. The wick needs to be trimmed to 1/4 inch. Trimming the wick will avoid mushrooming which can result in unnecessary soot. This also controls the size of the flame, not trimming the wick will make the flame too big and can cause damage and breakage!

HOW TO HANDLE SOOT - If soot forms on the inside of the glass, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Trim wick and relight.

KEEP THE WAX CLEAN - Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.

HOW TO EXTINGUISH A CANDLE - Ideally you want to extinguish a candle with a snuffer or a wick dipper. If you blow out the candle please DO NOT get close to the candle flame in case wax moves when it is blown out. Once the flame is out please stand back to avoid any smoke from the candle.

KEEP AWAY FROM DRAFTS - Drafts cause uneven burning, smoking a larger flame that can over heat the jar.

DON'T BURN ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM - It is really important that candles are not burnt when there is 10mm of wax or less remaining in the jar. Although it is tempting to continue burning your candle until the wax is gone, we strongly advise against this as the flame needs a solid base of wax to avoid overheating the glass jar.